of CHRISTMAS: The APRIL FOOLS JOKE
is on YOU
November 21, 2008 - WorldNetDaily
Christians who founded America actually banned the celebration of Christmas. Yes, you read that right. Christmas was banned in America, not by any representative of the American Civil Liberties Union, but by Christians themselves. It was actually against the law to observe Christmas, and people could be fined if they happened to take part in any celebration. "Despite the assumptions of many, Christmas was not a widespread holiday in colonial America," says Kovacs. "Shocking as it sounds, followers of Jesus Christ in both America and England helped pass laws making it illegal to observe Christmas." And it wasn't just Americans in the 1600s who had "issues" with Christmas.
On Dec. 25, 1789, the first Christmas under the brand-new Constitution, the United States Congress was actually in session, with no day off for any holiday. In fact, the U.S. did not even make Christmas a federal holiday until 1870. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81144
Biblical Reference to Paganism of Christmas Trees
1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Was Christ really born on December 25th?
CATHOLIC NEWS: "The First Christmas." 12/23/2004 -Arlington Catholic Herald.
...One would think that if anyone’s date of birth were remembered exactly, it would be that of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, the gospels do not pinpoint the date of Christ’s birth...Prior to the legalization of Christianity by the Emperor Constantine in the year 313, no universal date or even formal celebration of Christmas is found. For instance, Origen (d.255), St. Irenaeus (d. 202), and Tertullian (d. 220) do not include Christmas or its date on their lists of feasts and celebrations...On the more practical side of this issue, Roman pagans used to gather at the hill where the Vatican is presently located to commemorate the “Birth of the Unconquered Sun” This pagan feast was celebrated throughout the Empire either on Dec. 25 (according to the Julian Calendar) or on Jan. 6 (according to the Egyptian calendar). Although not proven with certainty, some historians credit Constantine, who declared Sunday as a day; of rest in the Empire, with replacing the pagan festival with that of Christmas. Interestingly, since the 200s, Jesus was honored with the title, “SUN of Justice.” http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0192.html
X IS THE PAGAN SYMBOL FOR SUN WORSHIP, THAT IS WHY WE OPEN GIFTS ON THE MORNING OF DEC. 25TH, IT IS WHEN THE PAGAN’S GATHER IN MASS TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF THE SUN (god)…
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:6
What you been taught in this world:
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. Isaiah 5:20
WHAT DOES THE LORD SAY ABOUT WORSHIPPING THE SUN:
And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD’s house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the LORD, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east. Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that
they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. EZEKIEL 8:16-17
The History of St. Patrick's (Catholic) Day
MSNBC -- Tues., March. 17, 2009
We may all be a little bit Irish today, but how many of us know how St. Patrick’s Day began?
How many of us know who the real St. Patrick really was?
“Well he was not a leprechaun who drank green beer or had a blarney stone or a pot of gold,” explains historian William Federer, who wrote St. Patrick: The Real History of His Life, From Tragedy to Triumph. “He was actually a missionary and he converted 120,000 druids from paganism to Christianity.” (Catholicism) ...The Roman Catholic Church made him a saint in 664 A.D.
“It wasn’t until 1846, when there was a potato famine in Ireland, and
millions of Irish Catholics came to America,” Federer says. “The Irish population went from two percent to 20 percent in just a decade.
Half of New York City was now Roman Catholic Irish!
The same thing happened in Boston, and there was an anti-immigrant, anti-Catholic, anti-Irish backlash.” (From 1659 to 1681, the celebration of Christmas was actually outlawed in Boston. Anyone exhibiting the Christmas spirit was fined five shillings. http://www.history.com/content/christmas/christmas-facts)
“When they had their first parade, it was more of a political statement...From those early parades, St. Patrick’s Day gained popularity as the Irish immigrants who celebrated it
April 1st was once the beginning of the year. This was changed in 1582, when the Gregorian Calendar was put into effect. A small history of this can be found on these pages.
Unlike most of the other nonfoolish holidays, the history of April Fool's Day, sometimes called All Fool's Day, is not totally clear. There really wasn't a "first April Fool's Day" that can be pinpointed on the calendar. Some believe it sort of evolved simultaneously in several cultures at the same time, from celebrations involving the first day of spring.
The closest point in time that can be identified as the beginning of this tradition was in 1582, in France. Prior to that year, the new year was celebrated for eight days, beginning on March 25. The celebration culminated on April 1. With the reform of the calendar under Charles IX, the Gregorian Calendar was introduced, and New Year's Day was moved to January 1.
April Fool's Day http://wilstar.com/holidays/aprilfool.htm April Fool's Day -- Origin and History
New Year's Day Moves - Ancient cultures, including those as varied as the Romans and the Hindus, celebrated New Year's Day on or around April 1.
It closely follows the vernal equinox (March 20th or March 21st.) In medieval times, much of Europe celebrated March 25, the Feast of Annunciation, as the beginning of the new year.
In 1582, Pope Gregory XIII ordered a new calendar (the Gregorian Calendar) to replace the old Julian Calendar. The new calendar called for New Year's Day to be celebrated Jan. 1.
That year, France adopted the reformed calendar and shifted New Year's day to Jan. 1. According to a popular explanation, many people either refused to accept the new date, or did not learn about it, and continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April1. Other people began to make fun of these traditionalists, sending them on "fool's errands" or trying to trick them into believing something false. Eventually, the practice spread throughout Europe.
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aprilfools1.html Query "April Fools Day" +History
“And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”
'Santa Pope' woos Vatican crowds
BBC NEWS, Published: 2005/12/22 'Santa Pope' woos Vatican crowds Pope Benedict XVI appears to be getting into a different kind of Christmas spirit, donning a Santa-style hat for his weekly appearance at the Vatican. At a chilly St Peter's Square, the Pope draped a red cloak over his shoulders and covered his head with a red velvet hat lined with white fur. Vatican officials said the hat, known as a camauro, has been part of the papal wardrobe since the 12th century. But it has not been worn in public since the death of John XXIII in 1963 -- Story from BBC NEWS: http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/4551348.stm
JESUS CHRIST AND
1. JESUS Has white hair like wool (Rev 1:14) SANTA Has white hair like wool
2. JESUS Has a beard (Isaiah 50:6) SANTA Has a beard
3. JESUS Comes in red apparel Isaiah (63:1-2) SANTA Comes in red apparel
4. JESUS Hour of His coming is a mystery (Luke 12:40; Mark 13:33) SANTA Hour of his coming is a mystery
5. JESUS Comes from the North where He lives (Ezekiel 1:4; Psalm 48:2) SANTA Comes from the North where he lives: North Pole
6. JESUS Is a carpenter (Mark 6:3) SANTA Is a toy carpenter
7. JESUS Comes as a thief in the night (Matthew 24:43-44) SANTA Comes as a thief in the night. Even gains entrance to homes as a thief.
8. JESUS Omnipotent -- all powerful (Rev 19:6) SANTA Omnipotent -- can deliver all the toys of the world in one night
9. JESUS Omniscient -- knows all (Hebrews 4:13; 1 John 3:20) SANTA Omniscient -- knows if you have been good or bad, for the entire year
10. JESUS Omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10; Ephesians 4:6; John 3:13) SANTA Omnipresent -- sees when you wake or sleep. Has to be everywhere at once to be able to deliver all the toys in one short night.
11. JESUS Ageless, eternal (Rev 1:8; 21:6) SANTA Lives forever
12. JESUS Lives in men (1 Cor 3:16; 2 Cor 6:16-17) SANTA Lives in the hearts of children
13. JESUS Giver of Gifts (Ephesians 4:8) SANTA Giver of Gifts
14. JESUS Absolute Truth (John 14:6) SANTA Absolute Fable - (1 Tim 1:4; 4:7; 2 Tim 4:4)
15. JESUS Sits on a throne (Rev 5:1; Heb 1:8) SANTA Sits on a throne
16. JESUS We are told to boldly go to the throne of Grace for our needs (Heb 4:16) SANTA Children are bidden to approach his throne to ask for anything they want
17. JESUS Commands children to obey parents SANTA Tells children to obey parents
18. JESUS Wants little children to come to Him (Mark 10:14) SANTA Bids children to come unto him
19. JESUS Judges (Rom 14:10; Rev 20:2) SANTA Judges whether you were good or bad
20. JESUS Everlasting Father (Isa 9:6; Heb 12:2) SANTA Father Christmas
21. JESUS Christ Child (Matt 1:23; Luke 2:11-12) SANTA Kris Kringle (means christ child)
22. JESUS Worthy of Prayers and Worship (Rev 5:14 Hebrews 1:6) SANTA Prayers and worship to "St. Nick" by children
23. JESUS Lord of Hosts (Mal 3:5; Isa 8:13; Psalms 24:10) SANTA Lord over a host of elves - (In Druidic religion, elves are demons or tree spirits
24. JESUS God says, "Ho, ho ... (Zechariah 2:6) SANTA says, "Ho, ho, ho ..."
25. JESUS Prince of Peace, the Image of God (Isa 9:6; Hebrews 1:3) SANTA Symbol of World Peace, the image of the Christmas Season